Starting a business takes a lot of work and dedication. Marketing your business takes just as much work and dedication. To keep your business expanding and making a profit, it’s important to attract customers. That’s where demand generation comes in. What is demand generation, and how can it help your company?
What Is Demand Generation?
Demand generation is creating interest and awareness in what your company offers in order to generate demand for it. Demand generation involves a variety of strategies, such as email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) event marketing, and content marketing. The ultimate goal is to create a demand for your company’s service or product.
What Are the Four Stages of Demand Generation?
When you work with a demand generation agency you will go through the four stages of demand generation to market your business. These four stages are:
- Awareness: The first stage is to create awareness of not only your business but the service or product that your company is offering. Agencies typically do this through social media advertising and content marketing.
- Interest: Once an audience is aware of your business, your next step is to generate interest. Agencies often do this by advertising the product’s benefits and addressing questions from potential customers.
- Position Your Product in the Market: Once an agency has helped you build an audience, it can then help you position your product in the market by targeting what your audience needs.
- Sell Your Product: The final stage is to sell your product. Not only do you want to ensure a smooth buying experience, but you will want to find a way to keep a steady sales pace going.
What Are Some Examples of Demand Generation Marketing?
Here are some concrete examples that an agency can do when using demand generation marketing tactics:
- Social media advertising: This tactic is straightforward – use social media platforms to promote your product and service.
- Content marketing: An agency will create videos, blog posts, and ads to sell your product and attract customers.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): An agency places keywords and key phrases into your website. This specific content ensures your website places high on a list of search engine results.
- Email marketing: Personalized and targeted emails to subscribers can expand on what your company offers.
- Competitions: Your company can set up a competition with its products. Word-of-mouth is the marketing tactic used here.
- Event marketing: Hosting or participating in events is another example of demand generation marketing.
What Are the Benefits of Demand Generation?
Demand generation marketing offers a host of benefits. One benefit is that a larger audience will be aware of your brand, which you can then use to attract more customers.
By using social media, your company will be interacting with your customers and getting feedback. This can also help improve your product.
Once you see growth in customers and your business is getting your product out to a larger audience, you will most likely see more sales and more profit. With the data and analytics that agencies provide, you should get a sense of what customers like about your product and what their additional needs are.
Why Your Business Should Use a Demand Generation Agency to Drive Growth
If your business is struggling to grow its customer base, then using demand generation tactics can give it a much-needed boost. Here are some reasons why:
- Experience: Agencies that specialize in marketing businesses often have years of experience. They understand how to find and reach your target audience and create compelling campaigns.
- Focused results: Marketing agencies use data and analytics to help them optimize their marketing tactics. This focused approach can help drive the right audience to your business.
- Businesses Don’t Have to Think About Marketing: Marketing of any kind can be consuming. If you’re running your business, you don’t want to give 50% of your time to marketing the company. By outsourcing the marketing to an agency, you can focus on delivering your product or service to your customers.
Once you start your business, you need to devise some kind of marketing strategy. A demand generation agency can use the four stages of demand generation to drive growth to your business and attract more customers.