This is what happens when you always sleep with the window open at night. While some people sleep with the window tilted even in the cold winter, others leave it closed even in the summer. This is usually due to individual preferences regarding the room temperature in the bedroom or for practical reasons, such as living on a busy street. But what difference does it actually make to sleep with an open window? These are important things in order to be well rested the next day to enjoy https://20bet.com/live-casino.
For one, there are a few advantages to keeping your window tilted at night:
- There is better air circulation in the bedroom, which improves the quality of sleep
- The ideal room temperature of 16-18 degrees is reached sooner in the bedroom.
- Our skin is better supplied with oxygen, so we wake up the next morning with a fresher complexion.
- Tired eyes and dark circles can also be avoided if we are better oxygenated at night.
These are the disadvantages of sleeping with a half-open window.
Depending on whether you live in the city or in the country, noise pollution also affects our sleep. For example, traffic noise is said to have a negative effect even when we are already fast asleep and no longer even notice the noise. Even a passing car can release stress hormones in the body and disrupt our deep sleep.
In addition, sleeping with an open window can cause the body to cool down, especially if the room temperature is very low or you are not sufficiently covered.
Therefore, with all frostbite, the window usually remains closed. It only gets difficult when you have to agree with your partner on the right room temperature in the bedroom. Men prefer it colder when sleeping, while women prefer it warmer.
HOW GOOD IS IT FOR YOUR TO NAP DURING THE DAY?
Midday naps still have a bad reputation in this country. Anyone who takes a short nap at lunchtime is often called lazy. Even the term “power nap” hasn’t really changed that. Wrongly so, because a short nap has many advantages and can have a positive effect on our health.
This is what happens when you take a nap every day:
- According to studies, we should all take a power nap much more often, because a short nap during the day is good for us and improves our work performance. Specifically, a daily nap has the following benefits:
- Between 1 and 2 p.m., our biorhythms hit rock bottom anyway, which is why that’s the best time for a power nap. After waking up, you feel more alert and concentrated.
- Due to the increased concentration, you also make fewer mistakes when working.
- In this context, a short power nap also boosts our creativity. We have new ideas again and get other thoughts.
- A power nap can help us feel less stressed. We calm down mentally and physically and recharge our batteries for the rest of the workday. As a result, we also react more relaxed to stressful situations.
A midday nap can reduce the risk of heart disease by around 30 percent, according to sleep researchers at Harvard University.
Everyone knows the sugar cravings associated with the midday slump. A short power nap can help with that, too!
This is how long you should take a nap
It is important not to overdo it with the nap. 15-20 minutes is ideal, but a maximum of 30 minutes. If the nap lasts longer, we fall into the deep sleep phase and the positive effects do not occur. On the contrary, we feel even more tired.
Conclusion: from now on, there’s no reason to have a guilty conscience when taking a nap at lunchtime. Happy power napping!