PAN Card stands for Permanent Account Number and it is a unique identification card which is issued by the Income Tax Department of India. The unique identification number is listed in PAN Card which contains 10 alphanumeric characters. PAN Card is issued in the form of a laminated card under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.
PAN Card is very similar to your debit or ATM Card and it basically consists of the following information about the person:
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Account Number (10 Alpahnumber Characters)
PAN Card can be applied offline through any authorized pan card center by filling the application form and submitting the required documents or online either through NSDL or UTIITSL website.
Here in this article, we will explain in the detail What is UTIITSL and how to apply, download PAN Card through it.
What is UTIITSL
UTIITSL is short for UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited. UTIITSL is a registered Government company that was established in 1993 under section 2(45) of the Companies Act 2013. The main role of UTIITSL is to issue PAN Cards to the citizens of India. It also provides Technical and outsourcing services to both private and Government companies. Through the UTIITSL website, it is also possible to get details about the income tax department and how to pay income tax. There are around 75 branches and 4 regional offices of UTIITSL all over India. Apart from issuing PAN Card and outsourcing services, it has many other roles and services to offer which are listed below:
- UTIITSL also provides mutual fund sales and distribution services.
- UTIITSL website can also be used for Mutual fund sales and application processes.
- You can get all the documents regarding mutual funds at the UTIITSL website.
- You can get bank details, change the address.
- Issue duplicate certificates.
- UTIITSL also provides services of Transferring shares, Share Holder services, Share Record maintenance, Bonus Share, etc.
- Information related to the Income Tax distribution warrant can also be obtained from UTIITSL.
- IT Services and Infrastructure Services
- Aadhaar Services
- PM-JAY Services
Utiitsl.com PAN Card services
As mentioned above the main purpose and role of Utiitsl.com is to issue PAN Cards and give information about how to get the PAN Card. Various PAN Card related services of UTIITSL are listed below:
You can apply for PAN Card through UTIITSL online sitting at your home
If there is any mistake in your PAN Card and you want to correct it, then it can be done through Utiitsl.com.
Utiitsl helps to keep track of the PAN Card.
Complete information about various offline PAN Centers can also be obtained from Utiitsl.com
How to apply for PAN Card from Utiitsl.com
Follow the below steps to apply for PAN Card through Utiitsl.com
- First of all visit the official link of Utiitsl PAN Card application form here: https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/newA.html
- Here you have to click on the ‘Apply for New PAN Card (Form 49A) link if you want to apply for a new PAN Card as Indian Citizen.
- After clicking on the above option you will be redirected to a new window with two options which are Physical Mode and Digital Mode.
- If you click on Physical Mode, then you have to submit the Application form physically at any nearest office of UTIITSL.
- To apply for PAN Card and submit all documents online you have to click on ‘Digital Mode’
- By clicking on ‘Digital Mode’ you will further see three options i.e Aadhaar based e-KYC option, e Sign Mode, DSC Mode.
- The PAN Card application processing will be done through eKYC and signed by using Aadhaar based eSignature if you choose the ‘Aadhaar based e-KYC’ option.
- If you choose eSign Mode, then you have to submit or upload the digital signatures to sign the application.
- If you choose DSC Mode, then the PAN Card application form will be signed using DSC Digital Signature Certificate (Class II / Class III DSC).
Suppose for example you choose eSign Mode. Then you have to choose the Category of PAN Card like ‘Individual’ from the drop-down list.
- Now choose PAN Card Mode i.e you want both PAN Card in both Physical and e-PAN mode or only e-PAN.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A new application form will open up where you have to fill in all personal details like Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, State, etc.
- Also enter Aadhaar Card related details like Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID.
- After filling in all of the above details you have to click on the ‘Next Step’ button.
- Then you will upload your digital signature and make the required payment for applying for PAN Card.
Click on ‘Submit’ and your PAN Card application form will be complete using Utiitsl.com.
- Remember, to apply PAN Card for NRI you have to fill up ‘Form 49AA’ which can be found here: www.pan.utiitsl.com/newAA.html
Utiitsl PAN Card login
Follow the below steps to Log into your PAN Card account with Utiitsl.
- Visit the official login page of Utiitsl PAN Card by clicking here:
- A login form will open up where you have to enter ‘User ID’ and Password.
- Now enter the Captcha code in a given field.
- After entering your login details and filling captcha, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will now be logged into your Utiitsl PAN Card account.
How to download PAN Card through utiitsl.com
You can download the electronic or e copy of your PAN Card from utiitsl.com. Note that, you can download e-PAN from utiitsl.com within one month of submitting the new application. Steps required to download PAN through UTIITSL are:
- Visit the official PAN Card portal of UTIITSL through this link: www.pan.utiitsl.com
- When you open the above link, you will have to scroll a little down.
- Here you will see the ‘Download e-PAN’ option.
- By clicking on this ‘Download e-PAN’ option, you will be redirected to a new window.
- You will see a form in this new window, where you have to enter various information.
- You have to fill up your 10 digits alphanumeric PAN number and date of birth.
- Enter GSTIN Number if applicable.
- Now enter the given captcha code.
- After filling in all the necessary information you have to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once you click on the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a link on your registered mobile number or email id.
- You can download your e-PAN Card by clicking on the link received on your Mobile Number or email id.
How to Apply for a Reprint PAN Card on utiitsl.com
PAN Cardholders now can get the facility of a reprint of their PAN through utiitsl website if there are no changes in the PAN Card details. For this you have to follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of utiitsl by clicking here
- Here you will see the ‘Reprint PAN Card’ option.
- By clicking on this option, you will be redirected to a new window where you can generate the request for a Reprint of PAN Card.
- Enter all the desired information in the form, fill the captcha and click on ‘Submit’
- Now you have to pay a fee of Rs. 50 for the Reprint of the PAN Card.
- After that, you can print the acknowledgment receipt and by attaching all the required documents like address proof, identity proof, etc, you can send this receipt through mail to your nearby Utiitsl office.