SSC MTS stands for Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff Examination for Non-technical posts. SSC MTS is a national level exam that is organized by SSC every year for filling up various posts like General Central Service Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts in various departments and offices of India’s Government. SSC will conduct the MTS exam for next year between April 2021 to 2023 and the notifications for this exam will be released in March 2022. Although the applicants can get the complete information about the MTS exam at the official website of SSC i.e https://ssc.nic.in, here in this article we are giving all the basic information about this exam.
SSC MTS Exam important information
|Exam Name||SSC MTS Exam – SSC Multitasking Staff (non-Technical) Exam|
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission(SSC)|
|Exam Level||All India Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Purpose||Selection of candidates for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts|
|Exam Mode||Paper-I: Online Computer Based Mode
paper-II: Offline Pen and Paper Based Mode
|Exam Duration||Paper -I: 90 minutes
Paper-II: 30 minutes
|Exam Language||English, Hindi, and other regional languages|
SSC MTS Exam Eligibility Criteria
Different eligibility criteria for the SSC MTS exam are:
SSC MTS eligibility in terms of Nationality
To appear in the SSC MTS exam, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidates who belong to other countries like Nepal, Pakistan, Bhutan, Burma can also apply for the SSC MTS exam but they have to submit the Eligibility certificate issued by the Government for India.
SSC MTS exam Educational Qualification eligibility
- The applicants who want to give the SSC MTS exam must be a 10th pass from a recognized board of the school.
- The candidate must have passed the 10th class before the closing date of the application form for the SSC MTS exam.
SSC MTS exam Age Limit
- The minimum age to appear in the SSC MTS exam is 18 years
- The maximum age for the exam of SSC MTS exam is 27 years.
For the SSC MTS exam, there is relaxation for the candidates who belong to OBC, SC/ST, PWD, Ex-serviceman categories.
- For OBC there is an age relaxation of 3 years
- For SC/SC, there is an age relaxation of 5 years.
- For PWD, there is an age relaxation of 10 years.
- The age relaxation of 3 years is given to Ex-serviceman to appear in the SSC MTS exam.
SSC MTS Exam Dates
The SSC MTS Exam consists of two phases in which two Papers are conducted. These are also known as Tier 1 Paper or CBE (Computer Based Exam) and paper 2. The next year’s exam for SSC MTS will be conducted between April 2022 to June 2023.
- The Tier 1 paper of SSC MTS is a computer-based exam that consists of Objective Type Questions.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers in Exam 1.
- The questions are asked in both Hindi as well as English. The candidates can answer the questions in any of these languages.
- Paper 2 of SSC MTS is held offline and it consists of subjective type or descriptive questions.
The tentative dates of the SSC MTS exam for the year 2022 are listed in the below table:
|Exam Events||Important Dates [Tentative]|
|Name of the Exam||Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination, 2021|
|SSC MTS 2021 Notification/Advertisement Date||22nd March 2022|
|Online Application Submission Starts on||To be notified|
|Closing Date for Online Application Submission||30th April 2022|
|Number of Vacancies||To be notified|
|SSC MTS 2021 Paper I (CBE)||June 2022|
|SSC MTS 2021 Paper-II||To be notified|
SSC MTS exam pattern
The exam pattern for the SSC MTS exam is as below:
- Tier 1 or Paper 1 of SSC MTS consists of 200 objective-type questions.
- The questions in Paper 1 are based on these topics General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning, Numerical aptitude.
- 1 number will be assigned for every correct answer.
- The duration of the objective type exam will be 90 minutes.
- The duration for Physically challenged candidates is 120 minutes.
- In paper 2 or subjective type exam, the candidates have to write an essay or letter in English.
- Paper 2 is of 50 marks.
- The duration for paper 2 is 30 minutes.
How to download the SSC MTS Exam Admit Card
The admit cards for the MTS exam are released by SSC a few days before the exam. The candidates can download this card by following the below steps:
- First of all official website of SSC through this link: https://ssc.nic.in
- After opening the above link, candidates will see the option ‘SSC MTS Admit Card’
- Candidates now have to log in by filling in the required details.
- After entering all details, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your SSC MTS exam admits card will open up.
- You can now download and print this admit card for appearing in the exam.
The selection process of SSC MTS
The selection process of SSC MTS consists of the below steps:
- First of all the candidates have to fill an application form and deposit a fee of Rs. 100 through any online mode of payment.
- The next step is to download the SSC MTS admit card which is necessary to appear in the entrance exam of SSC MTS.
- The next phase of SSC MTS selection consists of appearance in Paper 1 which as mentioned above is a 90 minutes objective type computer-based text.
- After clearing Paper 1, the candidates have to appear in subjective type Paper 2 which is a descriptive exam in English and has a duration of 30 minutes.
- When a candidate appeared in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of SSC MTS, then he/she has to wait for the result of the exam which can be checked at the official website of SSC.
- Once clearing both the exams, the candidates will have to get their documents verified.
- For documents verification, the candidates have to appear with their original documents at the location mentioned on the SSC website.
Salary of SSC MTS
- SSC MTS posts come under band 1 with a pay scale of 5,200 to 20,200
- Plus there is a Grade Pay of INR 1,800
- The in-hand salary for SSC MTS posts is 18,000 – 22,000.
- After pay commission, revision is done in the salary of SSC MTS posts.