SSC CGL exam stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam. This exam is conducted by SSC every year and around 15 Lakh candidates appear in this exam. So for any students who have completed their Graduation and are looking for a Government job then SSC CGL is the best exam for them. After clearing the SSC CGL Exam, the candidates can get a reputed Government Job. Candidates can get jobs in various Government departments of India after clearing the SSC CGL exam. Some of the posts for which the jobs are allotted after clearing the SSC CGL exam are:
- Income Tax inspector
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Sub-inspector (CBI)
- Central Excise inspector
- Assistant (CVC)
- Preventive Officer Inspector
Here in this article, we will give complete details about the SSC CGL exam, notification, eligibility, how to apply for the job, etc.
Qualification/Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL exam
To appear in the exam of SSC CGL exam, the candidate must have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria
SSC CGL exam eligibility in terms of Nationality
To appear in the exam of SSC CGL, the candidate must be a citizen of India. Those candidates who don’t have citizenship of India can’t appear in this exam
SSC CGL exam eligibility in terms of qualification
- To appear in the SSC CGL Exam, the candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream from any recognized university.
- For some posts like Assistant Audit office, the candidates must have a degree in specific field eg. Chartered accountant, Company Secretary, Mater’s degree in commerce, etc.
- For Junior Statistical Officer posts, the candidates must have a Graduation degree and must have obtained 60% marks in Maths in 12th class.
- Those candidates having Statistics as a subject in Graduation degree can also apply for the post of SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL exam age limit
- The minimum age for the SSC CGL exam is 18 years
- The maximum age for the SSC CGL exam is 30 years.
- For candidates who belong to the OBC category, there is an age relaxation of 3 years.
- For SC/ST category candidates there is an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Physically handicapped candidates will get a relaxation of 10 years to appear in the SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL exam pattern and Syllabus
SSC CGL exam is conducted in four stages. Those candidates who clear all the four stages of the exam will get a job in any of the departments that come under SSC CGL.
The four stages of the SSC CGL exam are:
SSC CGL exam Tier 1
- The Tier 1 of the SSC CGL exam is an online exam which is a computer-based test.
- Multiple choice questions are asked in this exam.
- A total of 100 questions are asked in Tier 1 exam.
- The exam is a total of 200 marks.
- For every correct answer, you will get two marks
- There is negative marking also and 0.50 marks will be cut for every wrong answer.
The syllabus of the Tier 1 exam of the SSC CGL exam is:
- General Knowlege
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
SSC CGL exam Tier 2
The Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL is also a computer-based test that is held online. The test consists of multiple-choice questions and the syllabus and topics of this test is as below:
- Quantitative ability
100 objective-type questions are asked in this exam of 2 hours. This test is of a total of 200 marks and there is negative marking also in this exam.
- English language
This test consists of 200 questions and the duration of this exam is also 2 hours. This test is of 200 marks.
This test is also of two hours duration and a total of 100 questions are asked in this exam for 200 marks with negative marking for every wrong answer.
- General studies
This two hours test will consist of 100 questions for 200 marks based on General studies of Finance & Economics.
SSC CGL exam Tier 3
Tier 3 of the SSC CGL exam is of a one-hour duration. This test is held offline in which you have to write an essay or letter in either Hindi or English language. The Tier 3 exam of SSC CGL is of 100 marks.
SSC CGL exam Tier 4
The Tier 4 exam of SSC CGL is conducted only for some specific posts like Tax Assistant, Inspector, etc. The purpose of this test is to test the computer skills of the candidates. This test further consists of two parts which are: Data Entry Skill Test, Computer Proficiency Test.
SSC CGL exam 2022 notification and how to apply online
The notifications for CGL exam 2022 are released by SSC on 23 December. The interested candidates can check all the details about this exam and apply online by following the below steps
- Visit the official website of SSC through this link: https://ssc.nic.in
- You have to register if you have not created your account yet.
- After registration, you can log in by entering your username and password.
- You will see ‘Notice of Examination for Combined Graduate Level Examination – 2021.
- You can download and read this notification for complete information.
- Now you will have to click on the ‘Apply Now button.
- Then you will have to click on the link ‘Combined Graduate Level 2021 Apply Online.
- An application form will open up where you will be asked to enter various information and details.
- In the next step, you will have to upload the necessary documents including Photos and digital signatures.
- After that, you will have to pay the desired fees through any online method of payment.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Submit’ button and your application form will be submitted.
- You can take a printout of the application form for future references.
SSC CGL exam 2022 dates
|SSC CGL notification 2022||December 23, 2021|
|SSC CGL application form 2022 start date||December 23, 2021 (11:30 pm)|
|Last date to apply for SSC CGL 2022||January 23, 2022 (11:30 pm)|
|Last date to pay the SSC CGL application fees in online mode||January 25, 2022 (11:30 pm)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||January 26, 2022 (11:30 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||January 27, 2022 (11:30 pm)|
|Application correction facility||January 28 to February 1, 2022 (11:30 pm)|
|SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 exam date||April 2022|
SSC CGL exam application fees
|Category||SSC CGL Application Fees|
|For General /OBC/ EWS Male||INR 100|
|For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-servicemen candidates||Nil|
|For All Female candidates||Nil|
If you belong to a general category, then you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 100 to apply for the SSC CGL exam. For other category candidates, the fee is listed in the below table
SSC CGL Exam Admit card
As mentioned above SSC has invited applications for the SSC CGL exam for the year 2022. The last date to apply for the exam is 23 Jan 2022. The exam is held in four phases and the Phase 1 or Tier 1 exam will be held in April 2022. Admit cards for the SSC CGL exam will be released based on Tiers and we will keep updating the applicants when the admit cards will be issued. The candidates can also check the official website of SSC to get information about the to admit card and to download it.