Pizza Hut: British Couple Finds Cockroach in Pizza Box

Chay Watts told The Evening Standard he “felt sick” when he and his partner Cara Powell saw the live cockroach next to a pineapple chunk. They ordered the pizza from the Yiewsley branch in London.

stream_img (2)

Credit: SWNS

stream_img (1)

Credit: SWNS


Credit: SWNS

stream_img (3)

Cara Powell, 25, and Chay Watts, 27, with son, Jody Watts Credit: SWNS

Cara, who is a carer for her mum, said:

I am appalled at the response we got from Pizza Hut after telling them we found a cockroach in our food.

They just took some notes and said sorry and they’ll get back to me but we haven’t heard anything back yet.

A spokesperson for Pizza Hut said:

Health and safety is of the utmost importance to Pizza Hut Delivery and we are committed to maintaining high standards in all our branches. This particular branch has a five star hygiene rating. An independent inspector has since visited the site and found no evidence of any pest activity. We are confident that this is an isolated incident and that there is no risk to our customers or products. We are providing the customer with a full refund and are speaking with them to ensure it is resolved to their satisfaction.


Last updated Thu 17 Sep 2015

Leave a Comment