On iPhone, you get various multimedia options to share your message or information in various formats. This multimedia can be anything like photos, videos, GIFs, stickers, or even voice messages. Through your iPhone, you can send your voice messages in simple steps.
What is voice messaging?
When you send any information or message recorded in audio format, it is known as a voice message. This message can either be recorded or downloaded. You can send your voice message to the recipients in various ways.
How to send Voice Message on iPhone
You can send your voice message to anyone through the Messages App on your iPhone. You need to follow these steps
How to record and send voice messages on an iPhone?
- In all the iPhones there is a specialized in-built app for Texting. It is named as ‘Messages’ App. It is generally symbolized with Green Icon. Now, you need to open your Message App.
- In the App, scroll or search to select the recipient to whom you want to send the voice message and open their inbox.
- In the inbox of the selected recipient, you will see an audio symbol. Tap and hold the symbol to record the audio.
- Once you are done, unhold the symbol and your voice message.
- Now you have to click on the ‘send’ icon to send the recorded voice note.
How to send the recorded voice message on iPhone?
- First of all you need to record or download the voice message you want to share. You can record that voice from your voice recorder and save it in the relevant folder.
- Now. open your Messages App.
- In the App, select the recipient to whom you want to send the voice message by either searching or scrolling.
- In the inbox of the recipient, you will find the attachment symbol. This symbol is used to attach any media file. Tap on that attachment symbol to open your device files.
- The page will be redirected to your file manager. Choose the audio file you want to share and send.
Sending Voice messages on iPhone using third-party App
You should know that you can also send voice messages from your iPhone by using a third-party app like Instagram, WhatsApp or any other messaging app. Let’s see how –
- Download and set the App you want to use to share the voice message. Make sure that the recipient to whom you are sharing the file, should also have the same App downloaded and set up in their device.
- Open the app once you are done setting.
- Open the inbox of the person who is your recipient.
- In most messaging apps, you will find the recording/voice symbol on the text bar itself.
- Tap and Hold on to that symbol to record the voice.
- Once you are done untap the symbol and the message will be sent automatically.
How to Send Voice Message on iPhone iOS 16
On iOS 16 also you have the advantage of sending voice messages very easily. In almost all the versions of iOS, you have access to the standard Messaging App for Texting. You can follow the same steps to record and send your voice message.
How to listen to the shared voice message on iPhone
Once you are done with recording and sending the Voice Messages using the method of your choice, you can tap on the play button showing on the sent message to listen to the recorded audio.
Can you send audio messages to non-iPhone users?
The Messaging App is only available to iPhone users only and a non-iPhone user is not using it, then they can listen to the sent voice note. The sent audio message to the non-iPhone user cannot be transmitted or listened.
How to send an audio message from iPhone to Android
If you want to share an audio message or voice message to someone, and also you want them to listen to it, then it is necessary that you both are using the same app for sending and receiving the file. If you want to send a voice message to an Android user, you can use a third-party app that can be easily accessed on both Android and iPhone.
How to send a voice recording through email
The process of sending a voice message is quite lengthy but not typical at all. You can follow these steps to send a voice message through email –
- The very first step consists of recording a voice message because email doesn’t provide the feature to record the audio directly. You can use your inbuilt voice recorder.
- Now save the audio file on your device or in your drive account in any folder.
- Once the file is successfully saved, open the email app.
- Now you have to compose the mail. You can either start a new mail or continue any previous mail as well. If you are composing a new mail you need to add the recipient and email subject to the relevant sections.
- In the body of the email, you will find the option of attachment on the page. It is generally symbolized with a ‘Pin’ icon. Tap on that icon.
- On the new page, you will see the file saved on your device. You will also find the option of opening ‘File Manager’ on your device. Go to your ‘File Manager.
- Open the folder where you have saved the audio file you want to send.
- Select the file and tap ‘Open’. The file will now be shown as an attachment with the email.
- Your email is now ready to deliver. Tap on the send icon and you are done.