As you might know that Whatsapp has launched a new feature named Whatsapp Pay, which is going to be available for Indian users very soon, so here we will explain and tell everthing about Whatsapp Pay to our readers.
The biggest reason for the growing popularity of WhatsApp is that WhatsApp has been adding the very best features in every new update and has now added a new feature which is WhatsApp UPI payments feature.
In addition to this we will also tell our reader about how to use WhatsApp UPI based payments feature and also we will explain how this WhatsApp UPI payments feature is different from other UPI based apps.
Without any doubt, WhatsApp has no comparison in terms of messaging and its has its unique identity in the world of social media.
There are very less chances that, if anyone has a smartphone and he does not uses Whatsapp. Not only young generation, but old people are also getting used to WhatsApp.
It is estimated that currently there are more than one billion users of WhatsApp Worldwide. And there are lots of users of WhatsApp in India also. With the launch of this new feature by WhatsApp, Indian users have got another very easy and simple to use payment transfer option ie. WhatsApp pay.
This WhatsApp payment feature which will be based on UPI and will be made available for the users of both Android and ios phones. At present this feature is during Beta Testing, so not all the users will be able to make use of it.
What is WhatsApp Pay Payments Feature?
First you need to know about What is UPI, before you start using WhatApp payment feature and how it works.
UPI basically stands for Unified Payment Interface and to let you know that UPI is not like any other payment application, it is basically a payment application which can be used to transfer money to any other bank.
This is the main reason that, all Banks and other companies are adding UPI payment system in their payment apps so that they can keep their payment apps updated with the latest payment technology.
How to use WhapsApp pay payments Feature?
As we have already mentiond that WhatsApp payment feature will not be available to all users due to beta testing, but soon it will be available for everyone.
Lets see how to setup UPI payment feature on WhatsApp.
Step 1 As WhatsApp UPI payments feature will be updated in your WhatsApp app, you have to open WhatsApp settings, there you will get the Payments option. You have to click on that Payments option.
Step 2 After this you have verify your WhatsApp number. During this verification process, it will be checked that this number is registered from which bank account and for this verification, an sms will be sent automatically from your mobile, which will also charge 1.50 Rs.
Step 3 Now the bank list will be shown to you, you have to select the bank in which you have your bank account and the number with which WhatsApp is registered.
Step 4 After clicking the Bank, the WhatsApp UPI payments setup will be completed with in second and after that you have to tap on the Done button.
Step 5 Now you will have WhatsApp payments page where you will see connect WhatsApp payment feature to bank account. After clicking on Add new account option, you can add more bank account and also check your payments history.
Step 6 Now, open the Chat of the friend to whom you want to send or transfer money with the help of WhatsApp payment feature, then click attachment icon and then click payment option.
Step 7 Now enter the amount you want to transfer to your contact or friend and then enter UPI PIN and then confirm. After confirming the UPI pin, the amount will directly be transfer from your bank account to your friend.
WhatsApp Payments features and Benefits
- It is totally free of cost, i.e you don’t have to give any charge for using WhatsApp payment.
- As WhatsApp payment is supported by UPI, so the money transfer can be done at any time.
- Bank details eg. bank account number, IFSC number etc are not required to send money to any other Whatsapp number.
- In addition to this it is possible to transfer payment to any UPI id without requiring the Whatsapp number of the person whom you want to send money.
How to get Whatsapp payment feature in your phone?
Although this feature is during testing phase and is right now available only to beta users. But below we explain steps for how you can get this Whatsapp payment feature in your smartphone easily.
- The first step you need to do is, updating the whatsapp app from play store
- You must contact your friend who has Whatsapp payment beta testing feature in his phone
- After this, you have to share your WhatsApp number with that friend.
- Next you need to ask a friend to open the chat window of your number and clicking on the attachment option.
- Then you will see “Use Payment” option. Just click that option.
- Click on the error message that will appear after that.
- Now open the WhatsApp in your phone
- Click on the Settings option from the three dot menu.
- You will see the option of WhatsApp payment there.
How to send money through Whatsapp Pay?
- Save the WhatsApp number of the person into your phone, whom you want to send the payment through WhatsApp payment.
- Then open the chat window of that person in the App.
- Then click on the attachment option which is indicated by Pin Symbol.
- Under this menu, click on the second option i.e Payment
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- You can also write some note or comment. After entering the amoung, click on send button.
- After this, you will be required to enter the UPI PIN.
- After clicking the “Enter UPI PIN” button, enter the 6 or 4 digit PIN.
- But if you are using UPI for the selected bank for the first time and you have not received the
- UPI PIN then click on DONT KNOW UPI PIN.
- Here, verify your debit card, enter the last 6 digits, expiry date and enter the OTP received in sms.
- Now you will be asked to set UPI PIN.
- Set upi id of your choice twice.
- Payment will be sent as soon as you enter the PIN.
How to Create UPI Account to use the WhatsApp payments
First you need to have a mobile number registered in India i.e the mobile number must start with +91 i.e country code for India.
- To use the WhatsApp payments feature you should also have a bank account and your registered mobile number linked with that account.
- You will receive a text message on your phone to verify your Mobile number.
- The next step is the selection of Bank account from a list of accepted banks.
- You have to select your linked Bank account.
- Just choose your bank account and your WhatsApp pay setup is complete.
How to Add more Bank accounts in WhatsApp payments?
- Click on Payments option once you opened the settings of WhatsApp in your phone.
- You will see the option to add a new account there.
- You have to repeat the above step to add more accounts for WhatsApp payments.
How to remove Bank accounts from WhatsApp payments?
- To remove a bank account from WhatsApp, again you have to visit the settings.
- All banks accounts that you have added earlier can be seen there.
- Just touch the bank account you need to remove.
- The selected bank account will be removed immediately when you select the Remove Bank Account option.
How to make QR code based payments through WhatsApp payments?
Currently the option for scanning QR codes is not available in WhatsApp payments feature. But it is likely that, when the test phase of this feature is over and it will launched completely then, we can get this QR code scanning option also.
How to send payments through WhatsApp to non WhatsApp UPI accounts
There is option to send the payments through WhatsApp to non-WhatsApp UPI accounts. Follow the below steps.
- Touch the Payments options after opening the WhatsApp settings.
- Now select the bank account you wanted to make payments with.
- Touch the Pay using UPI ID option by tapping on 3 dot menu button which is located in the top right corner.
- You can add any UPI ID manually to make payment.
- After verifying the account, you can enter the amount you want to send.
- The last step is to authorize the payment by entering the UPI PIN.