What is Google Pay
In today’s modern life, mobile payment services have acquired a lot of importance. The popularity of these mobile payment services has increased a lot because they are providing a lot of functions and features that are offered by banks. Google Pay is one such mobile payment app that is basically a digital wallet and it allows mobile users to make contactless and cashless transactions. With the help of Google Pay, anyone can send or receive money instantly and anywhere just by using their mobile device which has an internet connection.
What is Google Pay transactions History?
Today is time the time of digitalization and most smartphone users are now using at least one of the mobile payment services like Google Pay for doing online transactions like sending or receiving money, doing online shopping, recharges, movie ticket booking, and a lot of more. When you make any payment through your Google Pay app, then the record of all these payments done by you is recorded in the app. This record of all your transactions made via Google Pay is simply known as ‘Google Pay’ transaction history.
Many times it happens that we forget our mobile phone in the house or somewhere else and later realize that there is some sensitive information in it like some personal details, history of browser or transaction history of Google Pay, etc. We usually have to face disappointment in such cases because we don’t want this kind of information to be revealed to any other person. Everyone loves privacy, even if there is not anything too private, but still, we don’t want anyone to know the history of our Google Pay account.
So if your motive is to clear the history of Google Pay as you don’t want to let others know what transactions you have made through your Google Pay account, then n this situation we want to delete all the history of Google Pay.
Google Pay is continuously adding new features to the app since its launch. It is introducing more and more functions in order to facilitate its users. One such feature is the ability to manage the privacy of users so that users will be able to remove their transaction history. Google Pay is providing this possibility to the users to completely remove the history of their Google Pay account so that this information is not visible to anyone like a member of our family or relative who sometimes uses our phone.
How to check transaction history on Google Pay
Follow the below steps to check the transaction history on Google Pay
- First of all, open the Google Pay app on your mobile phone
- On the home screen, you have to scroll a little down.
- After scrolling down, you will see an option ‘See All Payment Activity’
- Click or tap on this option.
- Now all the transactions done by you through Google Pay will be visible to you.
Why it is required to remove Google Pay Transaction History
There are many reasons why we have to delete the transaction history of our Google Pay account.
- The first and the major reason for deleting the transaction history of Google Pay is that, sometimes our mobile phone or shared between various people like family members, relatives, etc. In such a case to maintain privacy, it is necessary to remove the Google Pay history.
- There are rumors that Google also keeps a record of our transactions, so in order for Google not to keep track of our transactions, we should remove the Google Pay history.
Steps to delete Google Pay transaction History
- First of all, you will have to open the Google Chrome browser on your desktop or laptop.
- In the browser, you have to type https://myaccount.google.com/
- After opening the above link, you will have to log in to your Google account by using the email id and password that you used to create your Google account.
- After entering your Google Account, you will see the ‘Privacy & Personalization’ option.
- Click on this option and then you will have to choose the ‘My Activity option.
- Now choose the transaction that you want to remove by selecting the date and time.
- In the next step, you will have to choose the ‘Google Pay’ option and then click on the delete option.
- Your selected transaction according to the date and time will be removed permanently from the Google Pay history.
In this article, we will explain in detail all the steps that you need to perform in order to delete or hide the history of your Google Pay account. So just take out few minutes and follow the steps mentioned below to delete the history of your Google Pay account comfortably sitting at your home.