PhonePe is a mobile payment app that is available totally free for download at Google Play Store and App Store. PhonePe allows the users to send or receive money to their friends, relatives, and another contact very rapidly.
While you make any payment through PhonePe then it does not share your card or bank details at the time of payment.
PhonePe is a UPI-based app that was initially launched to make payments through mobile to be made easier. But with time, many features and services have been added to the PhonePe app. With the help of PhonePe, now you can not only send money to other persons but can also perform various other tasks. By using PhonePe, you can do any kind of online shopping, transfer money, recharge DTH, Pay bills, etc.
How to use PhonePe
The functionality of PhonePe is very simple and for using it all you need to have is a smartphone and an internet connection. Then follow the below steps to set up an account on PhonePe and to use it.
- First of open the PhonePe app after downloading and installing it on your mobile phone.
- After opening the PhonePe app, you have to choose your preferred language and then click on the Next button.
- Now enter the mobile number that is registered with your Bank account.
- An OTP will be sent to you on this registered mobile number that has to be verified.
- Then you will have to choose your bank name from the list of various banks.
- When you select your bank, then the name of the bank and your account number will be displayed to you.
- You will then be required to enter the last six digits of your Debit card for verification.
- An OTP will be received on your mobile number from your bank. After verifying this OTP, your bank account will be linked with PhonePe.
- Now you are ready to make any payment by using PhonePe.
What is kYC?
In order to use the full services of the PhonePe app, it is necessary to complete the KYC in PhonePe. Before getting in-depth knowledge of how to complete KYC in PhonePe, we will explain briefly what is KYC.
KYC stands for Know your Customer. When you open an account in a bank or with any mobile payment apps like PhonePe then it is necessary to complete the KYC because without doing the KYC you can’t take full advantage of the services and features provided by it. To complete the KYC, a customer has to fill in a form in which he has to give the details about his KYC documents like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Passport, Driving License, etc. By providing these details the service provider will have knowledge about its customers. Completing KYC in PhonePe is also necessary because RBI has ordered that if a customer doesn’t complete his/her KYC with the service provider then the services provided to that customer will be limited.
Steps to Complete KYC in PhonePe
To complete the KYC in PhonePe, you must follow the below steps:
- Once you have installed the PhonePe app on your mobile phone and registered, you have to log in to your account.
- After login, you will see an option ‘My Account’
- Click on this option and then click on the ‘Profile Name’.
- When you click on the ‘Profile Name’, then in the next window, you will see an option ‘Please Complete Your KYC’.
- Next to this field, you will see the ‘Verify’ button.
- After clicking on the ‘Verify’ button, a new screen will open, where you have to choose the ‘Verify with Aadhaar’ button.
- Then click on the blue ‘I Agree’ button.
- Now you have to press the ‘Submit’ button after entering your 12 Digit Aadhar Number.
- In the next step, you have to Generate an OTP by clicking on this number ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and then click on ‘Submit’.
So your KYC is completed in PhonePe and now you can take benefit of all the features provided by this mobile payment service.