There may be many situations when we have to move from one city to another or from one locality to another due to reasons like change of job or due to some other reasons. In such cases, you have to give a notification regarding the change in your home address to various organizations like the electricity departments, municipal corporations, banks, etc. If you don’t notify these organizations regarding the change of your address then all letters or emails will be sent to your old address and you will not able to collect these emails or get notified. In such a case, you may miss the important messages and may have to pay penalties for example late fees for electricity, water bills, etc.
When your shift from one location to another either permanently or fixed period of time like few months or few years, then your residence address gets changed, and how must have to intimate regarding your new address to all organizations including SBI Bank if you have an account in this bank.
So are you have changed your residence or have already change but you don’t know how to update your new address with the SBI Bank, then we will help you and guide you step by step process of changing your address in the Bank
Steps to change Home address in SBI Bank
There are mainly three ways to update your home address in SBI Bank
- Changing Address in SBI Bank through Post
- Changing Address in SBI Bank through Netbanking
- Changing Address in SBI Bank through Branch
Changing Address in SBI Bank through Post
You can update your new residence address in SBI Bank through Post and below are the steps for this
- Download the SBI Bank address changing form online.
- After downloading the address changing form, take a printout of this form
- Fill out all the necessary information into it including the new address of your home/residence
- Once you have filled the SBI bank address changing form verify all the details mentioned in it.
- Now Sign in at the end of the form.
- Once all the above steps are completed, you have to send this address changing form through Post to the branch of SBI Bank where you have your account.
Changing Address in SBI Bank through Netbanking
If you use the Internet banking of SBI Bank, then you can easily update your home address through it. Follow the below steps to change address through SBI Bank net banking
- Visit the official website of SBI Bank on your desktop or mobile device
- Enter your login details i.e Username and Password to login into Netbanking of SBI Bank
- After login, you will enter into your SBI bank Netbanking
- Here you see the ‘Update Contact Details
- From this option, you will have to select the ‘Change Address’ option.
- Now you will have to mention your new Address here.
- In the next step, you will see various documents mentioned that are required as your address proof.
- Then you will have to choose the ‘Continue’ button, after which you will be moved to a new window.
- Here you have to upload any of mentioned documents like your address proof.
- Once you verify all the details entered, you will have to Click on ‘Submit’
- Now the process of changing your home address through SBI Bank Netbanking is done.
Changing Address in SBI Bank through Branch
Follow the below steps to change your physical address through the Branch of SBI Bank
- Locate the nearest branch of SBI Bank.
- Visit this branch with the required documents like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Electricity Bill, or any other document for your address proof.
- Each bank including SBI Bank has an application form for changing the address proof.
- Ask for this address changing Application form when you visit the SBI Bank’s nearest branch.
- Enter all details into this application form. Some important information that needs to be filled into this form is:
SBI Bank Account Number
Address of your old home (Already entered into the Bank)
Address of your new home (that you want to be updated with)
- Verify all the information entered into the form and then Sign in at the end.
- In the next step, you will have to attach the photostat copy of the required address proof documents.
- Now you will have to hand over this SBI Bank address changing form along with the documents to the concerned person or the help desk section.
- The attendant at the help desk counter will verify the attached documents with your original documents.
- Once the verification is done, then the processing of changing your address in the SBI Bank will be started.
- It will not take much time and within 10-15 minutes your home address will be updated in the bank and a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number.