If you have an account in ICICI Bank, then you must have an email id registered with this bank account. This email id is linked with your ICICI account and all the updates like transactions details, new offers, and other information regarding the bank and your account are sent on this email id. Therefore it is necessary that the email id that is registered with your ICICI account must be working.
Sometimes the email address linked to your ICICI bank account doesn’t work and there may be many reasons for it eg. you have not used that email id for a long time, you have lost the password of your email and you are not able to recover it.
The most common reasons for changing your old email address are:
- You have lost the login details of your old email id.
- You are not able to access the old email id
- You want to move to another email provider
- You have purchased a dedicated domain and created an email id on that domain.
So if you are not able to access the email that is linked with your ICICI bank, then you will be unaware of the emails sent to you by the bank. Therefore when you change your email address then you need to update this email id with the bank. If you don’t update your email address then all your emails sent by the ICICI bank will be lost and you will be unable to see the message contained in them.
Methods to the Change email address in ICICI Bank
There are three main ways to update your email address in ICICI Bank
- Changing email address Online through ICICI Netbanking
- Changing email address Offline through ICICI Branch
- Changing email address through ICICI Mobile App
Changing email address Online through ICICI Netbanking
- Login to the Netbanking of your ICICI account using your username and Password.
- After login, you will be entered into your ICICI bank profile.
- Here you have to choose your account type eg. Savings Account.
- From here you will have to select the “Personal Details” option
- Now choose the “Update” option under the “Personal Details” option.
- Select the Edit option next to your Email Address.
- Enter the Email id that you want to update in your ICICI Bank account.
- You will have to enter the OTP that is sent on your registered mobile number.
- After verifying the OTP, the email id is approved by the bank’s branch
- Once approval is done your email id is updated and you will be notified through a message on your registered mobile number as well as on the new email id.
Changing email address Offline through ICICI Branch
You can change the email address associated with your ICICI Bank account offline. Follow the below steps to change email id in ICICI bank offline.
- First of all, you have to find the nearest branch of ICICI Bank.
- After visiting the nearest branch of ICICI bank you have to demand a ‘Letter of Request’ or “Application Form” for changing the email.
- Fill out all the necessary information in this Application form including your Account Number, Personal Details, etc.
- Mention your old email address as well as the New Email Address that you want to be updated.
- After carefully verifying the email id Submit the Application form to the concerned counter of the ICICI Branch.
- The concerned person in the ICICI Bank will verify this application form and your email id will be updated.
- A confirmation message for the update in your email id will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Changing email address through ICICI Mobile App
Follow the below steps to change your email address through the mobile app of ICICI Bank
- Download the ICICI Bank mobile app on your Android or ios mobile phone.
- Register into the app and then log in by using your Login details.
- After login Visit the ‘My Profile’ tab and then touch on the ‘Edit’ option
- After clicking on the Edit option, enter your new email address
- When you click on the Generate OTP option an OTP will be sent on your mobile number that is linked to your ICICI Bank account.
- In the final step, you have to press the ‘Submit’ option after verifying the OTP.
- The process of updating your email id through the ICICI Bank mobile app is done.