In today’s fast-moving life, no one likes to wait in long queues in banks to transfer or to withdraw money. So Google Pay is one such method that gives the users facility of making transactions without going to banks. Google Pay was launched in India in the year 2015 after the demonetization which is UPI based mobile application.
Google Pay is a digital payment method that allows someone to make online payments without cash or contact. Google Pay simply works by linking your Debit Card, Credit Card with the Google Pay mobile app. After linking or adding your bank account into the Google Pay app, you can make online payments at various places like Physical shopping centers, eCommerce websites, make payments for electricity bills, Water bills, movie tickets, flight tickets, and a lot more.
Before the use of mobile payment apps like Google Pay, you had to keep the cash with you or should have a credit or debit card to make payments at any shopping place or for any other above mentioned tasks
How to Make payments using Google Pay
Making a payment with Google Pay is very simple and it allows anyone having a smartphone with a good internet connection to make payments contactless within 1-2 minutes. Follow the below steps to make payments using Google Pay.
- In order to make any transaction using Google Pay, you must download this app from Play Store or App Store depending upon the device that you using i.e either Android or iOS
- After downloading the Google Pay app, you have to register for it.
- When you are registered, then you will be asked to link your bank account by using either credit card or debit card details.
- Once you have entered your credit card/debit card details you are ready to make online payments using Google Pay.
Benefits of Using Google Pay
There are many benefits when you make a payment using Google Pay. Some of these benefits are:
- You can make contactless payments using Google Pay as there is no need to take out your credit card or debit card and touch it with the payment machine.
- All the transactions made through Google Pay are totally secure and safe because your details are protected by various layers of security.
- You can make quick payments at any eCommerce platform or any physical stores where payments are accepted through UPI-based apps.
- Setting up an account on Google Pay is a very simple and fast process and you don’t have to go anywhere for creating an account on it.
- No extra fees are charged for paying through Google Pay.
List of Google Pay Supported banks
Google Pay supports a large number of banks that you can link with it. Some of the banks that are supported by Google Pay are:
- SBI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- YES Bank
- ICICI Bank
- AXIS Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra and more.
Steps to add a bank account in Google Pay
In order to make online payments through Google Pay and to do other transactions through Google Pay, you must have to add your bank account in Google Pay. Follow the below steps to add your bank account to Google Pay.
- Download and Install the Google Pay app on your Smartphone.
- After installing, make registration into the Google Pay by entering your Mobile number and other details like Email address, Name and set up your 4 digit PIN which is later used as the password for login into Google Pay
- Follow the further instructions and then your account will be set up at Google Pay.
- When the registration at Google Pay is done, you will have to log in.
- After login, you will see a three bars icon at the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- When you click on this option, you will see the “Add New Bank” option.
- Here you will see a list of various banks.
- You have to choose the bank that you want to add or link with your Google Pay account.
- As soon as you choose the desired bank name from the list, Google Pay will verify this bank account and collects your bank details.
- After verifying the bank account, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- You have to enter this OTP along with the last six digits of the Debit Card number to set up the UPI PIN for Google Pay.
- Once you have completed all the above steps, your bank account will be added to Google Pay.
- You will also receive a confirmation message when your bank account will be linked to Google Pay.