World Health Organization (WHO) Said “The Emergency Committee on the new #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) considered that it is still too early to declare a public health emergency of international concern given its restrictive and binary nature”
World health authorities carefully observe the outbreak of a respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus originating in China. The governments accentuate the control of passengers coming from the center of that country and take other measures to try to control the outbreak.
What is the coronavirus?
Scientists have identified it as a new coronavirus. The name comes from the Latin crown, since that is the aspect of the virus seen under the microscope. The coronavirus family has many types that affect people. Some cause the common cold, while others caused by bats, camels and other animals have mutated to cause more serious diseases, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) or Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome (MERS).
Types of Corona Virus
There are 7 known types of Corona Virus till date, which are:
- Human coronavirus HKU1
Where does the coronavirus come from?
The first cases were recorded last month in Wuhan, a city in the central Chinese province of Hubei. Many of the first infected had been in the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, which has since been closed while it is being investigated. The Chinese health authorities believe that the disease was transmitted in principle from animals to humans. Now they say it is transmissible among people.
How far has the coronavirus gone?
China has identified more than 500 cases and 17 deaths, almost all infections and all deaths in Hubei province. Cases have been confirmed in Thailand, South Korea, Japan, the United States and Taiwan also. The outbreak coincides with the time when more people travel in China, whether to visit their families or abroad, during the lunar New Year. It is expected that the peak in travel will facilitate the spread of the outbreak.
How to prevent CoronaVirus?
You should take some important measures to avoid corona virus at this time. For this there are some things to take care of in your lifestyle. Let’s know the main ways to avoid corona virus.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or rub your hands with alcohol.
- Avoiding close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough
- Avoiding unprotected contact with farm or wild animals.
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands).
- When sneezing use a disposable paper or bent elbow
- Avoid close contact with someone who has a cold or has flu symptoms
- Check yourself if you have flu symptoms
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
- Adequate water should be drunk on a regular basis.
- Fruits and vegetables with vitamins should be consumed.
- Take vitamin C to avoid the risk of infection.
- Make and eat fresh food at home. Stay a few days away from outside food.
- Wash hands with soap before cooking and eating.
- Use masks when exiting. Go to the airport and railway station, especially with a mask.
- Do not touch the mouth, nose and ears frequently with hands in fear of infection.
- Avoid going to the place of cutting meat. Do not consume chicken, mutton and sea food at all.
- If you have a cold, cold, sore throat, headache and fever, go to the doctor immediately.
Symptoms of coronavirus?
The most common symptoms include
- Nasal congestion
- Cough and fever.
Respiratory distress, chills and body aches are associated with the most dangerous coronaviruses, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In severe cases it can cause pneumonia.
Treatment of coronavirus
There is an analysis to identify the virus, but not a preventive vaccine. The sick are isolated in hospitals or in their homes to avoid contagion. Remedies for pain and fever are used to treat symptoms and plenty of fluid and rest is advised during convalescence.
How is coronavirus spread?
Cough, sneezing and contact with a patient can cause infection. Scientists believe that close contact between people causes contagion through the respiratory tract.
It has been established that coronavirus i.e the 2019-nCoV virus that appeared in China in the commercial city of Wuhan is transmitted from man to man through the respiratory tract.
According to official estimates, the virus has so far been responsible for over 130 deaths and has infected about 7000 people, not only in China, but also in Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, the United States and France.
However, a nurse who works in Whuan hospital said that over 90,000 cases of infection are expected.
What seems certain is that the vaccine race becomes more and more urgent and necessary day after day.
And the scientiest have been able in the isolation of the first strain of the virus and it is now possible to immediately develop a vaccine against coronavirus.
The vaccine could be ready in a few days. In fact, the gene sequence of the virus has already been obtained and, deposited in GenBank, the international database for genetic data, is now publicly accessible. This means that everyone will be able to study the virus, as if it were present in every laboratory in the world.
The analysis of the genetic sequence allowed to establish that the virus has 80% similarity with the SARS virus (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), which also appeared in China between 2002 and 2003. According to the research team of Whuan Virology Institute, the two viruses would use the same weapon to attack the human respiratory system, an element that could be decisive for having indications on how to deal with the new virus.
In which country was the corona virus first spread?
This virus started in Wuhan city of China in December 2019?
How to identify Corona Virus?
Some of the symptoms of this virus have been reported – such as cough, fever, and shortness of breath.
How is the corona virus spread?
It is a type of infection and spreads from person to person. Any person who has symptoms of Corona Virus should stay away from other people, so that others do not spread.
Can Corona Virus also occur in fauna?
Yes, first this virus was found in marine animals, and then it spread to the inhabitants of Wuhan city, China.
Is there any treatment for Corona Virus?
No, there is no cure for Corona Virus yet, but soon the remedy for this virus will be found.