Carolina Cord Blood bank is one of the most oldest cord blood bank of the world which started their services in 1998 and is a part of Duke University School of Medicine. It is accredited by FACT and CAP and also certified by CLIA. In the year 2012 they were the first cord blood bank in USA who received acknowledgement for their product DUCord and also obtained FDA license for this.
They use collecting kit from Biosafe which have fully automated Sepax Processing System. The kit is designed in such a way that it is difficult for the preserved cord blood to have a contact with an external environment. This bank is non profit organization and helps people across the world to match their stem cells to any other people for the cure of critical diseases. They train midwife and nurses who are willingly trying to collect the cord blood from the donor.
Carolinas Cord Blood Bank Collections Hospital List:
- Duke University Hospital – Durham, NC
- Atrium Health University City – Charlotte, NC
- Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center – Charlotte, NC
- Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast – Concord, NC
- Rex Hospital – Raleigh, NC
- UNC Women’s Hospital – Chapel Hill, NC
- Womack Army Medical Center – Fort Bragg, NC
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Boston,
- MA Grady Memorial Hospital – Atlanta, GA