- What is Cable Squats
- How to do Cable Squats
- Benefits of Cable Squats
- Here are the steps to perform Cable Squats at Home
- Cable Squat for Bodybuilding
- Cable Squats for Glutes
- 30 Day Cable Squat Challenge
- Cable Squats with Rope
It may be difficult for you to decide on which exercise to start with especially if you are new to the gym. There are various options and machines in the gyms that may be helpful if you want to do the exercises that help to get your hips and legs in shape. Here in this article, we can help you to make your choice easier. The best exercises to get hips and legs in shape are the Cable Squats.
What is Cable Squats
Cable Squats are basically machines that are very helpful for building the strength of your body parts especially hips and legs. Cable Squats consists of two handles which are connected to a pulley system and a weight stack or weight plates.
Cable Squat is one of the simplest and most effective exercises for women and starters to the gyms who want to get their body parts in shape. The Cable Squats are useful for the training of below parts of the body/muscles.
- The backside of thighs i.e Hamstrings
- The front side of the things ie. Quadriceps
- Abductor ie. Groin
How to do Cable Squats
Although Cable Squats are the simplest exercise to do, it requires a lot of practice to do it in the perfect way. To perform this exercise you should first hold the cable which is attached to a stack of weights with both hands, as shown in the image below.
Make sure that the handle should be held at your chest level. Now you should bend your knees and spread your hips, your thighs should be parallel to the floor. If you want your arm to support more weight, then you can bend a little more. After performing these steps you can come back to your starting position and then can repeat all the above steps.
The above procedure of doing the Cable Squats can be summarised step by step as below:
- First of all, hold on the pulley or handle of the cable which is attached to the Weight Stack.
- Pull the cable by moving away from it.
- Your back should be in a straight position and the cable handle should be at your chest level.
- Lean your hips backward by bending your knees.
- Now pull the handles of the pulley by pulling your both elbows back.
- Return to the initial position by tightening your back muscles.
- You can repeat the above steps by increasing the count slowly.
Benefits of Cable Squats
Squats are one of those exercises which have lots of benefits as compared to many other exercises. As you may know, that meaning is squatting involves various parts of the body, so Cable Squats has the benefits on various parts of the body including hips, things, legs etc. The squat can be known as a great exercise for strengthening the muscles of your lower body.
Some of the most common benefits of Cable Squats are:
Beneficial for smooth movement:
You must have strong legs to keep moving and to get strong legs nothing is better than cable Squats. Not only the Squats are helpful to get strong legs, but they also provide strength to your abdomen and stabilize the muscles. Cable Squats are helpful to reduce the pain in your back which ensures better mobility.
Helps to strengthen Buttocks:
Cable squats not only help you to get strong legs, but they also provide strength to your hips and buttocks. You will get toned buttocks as the Cable Squats help to strengthen your muscles.
Helpful for your Back:
As your upper and lower back is involved in the Cable Squats exercise, there is no doubt that it will help to improve your posture.
You will get a better posture as this exercise provides strength to the muscles of your back.
Weight Loss through Squats:
A new squat challenge known as 30 days squat challenge has been trending in recent times. Although the main motive of Cable Squats is to provide strength to your limbs, its a known fact that the repetition of this exercise will help you to burn calories which will help you to reduce weight as well.
Helps to prevent Injury:
Many of the sports injuries happened due to weak muscles and the main aim of the Cable Squats is to provide strength to your muscles so one who is performing Cable Squats regularly has fewer chances of getting injuries.
Cable Squats at Home:
If you want to have an active life, then strong muscles play an important role. In order to perform the daily activities smoothly, you must have toned muscles. If you want strong legs and thighs but can’t go outside home to the gym, then still there are many ways and exercises to get strong muscles even staying at home. So no matter if you are bound to stay at home, you can perform many leg and hips exercises from your home.
If you are unable to go to the gym or sports centers, you can do training at home by using the daily used objects available at your home. When it comes to exercises for getting toned legs and buttocks at home, then the top name that comes to our mind is the Squat. The squat is one of the few exercises for getting toned muscles to do at home. The squat can be easily done at home by using weights available. By using this single exercise you can get toned legs, buttocks, and calves within a few days.
You can easily purchase a Cable Squats machine only at a very low cost and set it up at your home to get toned legs and buttocks.
Here are the steps to perform Cable Squats at Home
- Hold on the Pulley Cable Handle with your both hands, and get upright about at a distance of two feet from the Weight Stacks.
- Now tilt your torso forward about ten to fifteen inches by bending your knees slightly.
- Make sure that you keep your abs tight while performing the above steps.
- When you bend your knees, your butt muscles should touch your ankle.
- Bring your legs forward slowly, and resist cable tracking until you come back to the initial position.
- Breathe out when you kick back and breathe in while coming back to the initial position.
- You can repeat the above steps as many as a number of times.
So cable Squats can help you to get better results from the comfort of your home without going anywhere.
Cable Squat for Bodybuilding
Cable Squat is the number one exercise practiced by the bodybuilders to get their body in shape. Cable squat not only helps you to lose weight and build strong muscles, but it also helps to stimulate the cardiovascular system. As bodybuilding means getting various muscles of your body in shape and tone them, so Cable Squat exactly does the same thing as it will help you to:
- Improve the flexibility of your hips.
- Cable squat is helpful for increasing the bone density
- Helpful for toning legs, glutes and abs which is an important part of bodybuilding
So if you want to have a fit body, then it is must you should get mastery over an exercise like Cable Squat because it the most beneficial fitness workout as it alone lets you have smooth and toned glutes, legs and abs
Cable Squats for Glutes
Hardly there are any women who don’t like to have strong and shaped buttocks. But the problem is that there are only a few exercises which are very effective and can help them to achieve this goal. One thing they can do is, to go to professionals and follow their guidelines, but it is in most cases very expensive. So the best alternative for this is to do just a few minutes of workout from the comfort of your home. This is known as Squat and it will help you to get your glutes in shape in a short time.
The squat is useful for activating all the muscles of our body including the arms, the upper body, and the lower body, especially the quadriceps, biceps, hips, lumbar, and most importantly the buttocks.
As you might know, the buttock is not made up of a single muscle, it consists of a set of three muscles i.e small, medium, and large buttocks. Although all these three muscles have their origin from the hip, they all perform different actions which are helpful in the movements. For the movements of limbs, large glutes are responsible whereas for the small and medium glutes are involved in the flexible movement of the hip. Glutes muscles are very strong and they require a lot more workout to tone them. Here comes the need for Cable Squats which are a very important exercise for getting firm buttocks.
Doing a Cable squat can make you feel a difference if you want to get firm buttocks especially for Women. Cable Squat is the best exercise for Glutes but if it is performed in the right manner. If you spend about ten to twenty minutes a day on Cable Squat for a few months, then you will definitely get toned and firm buttocks.
30 Day Cable Squat Challenge
As mentioned above, a challenge named 30 Day Squat Challenge is becoming very popular these days, not only in the USA but also in many other countries around the World. This challenge is basically a program that ensures toned legs and buttocks in 30 days if you do the squats a specific number of times daily for 30 days.
The formula of 30 Day Cable Squats Challenge is that you start with 30 Squats on your first day of the challenge, then increase the number each day i.e 40 squats on 2nd day, 50 on 3rd day, and so on until you reach 250 squads per day in 30 days.
Cable Squats with Rope
If you want to do the Cable squat with rope, then you have to attach the rope to the cable and put it at the lowest setting on the Cable machine.
- Now you have to move back about three steps and your feet should be wider than hip-width.
- Most of the weight of your body should be kept in the back of your heels.
- Now you have to squat down by lowering your butt which should be almost touching the ground.
- You can also bend in a 90-degree position with knees and a stretch should be felt in your butt.
- Your spine should be in a straight position throughout this whole process.
- Your arms should be in a relaxing position and pulling or bending should not be done at the elbows.
- Your complete focus should be on the lower body.