8 Health Benefits Of Strawberries
- Contain Folate. Folate, found in strawberries, help keep your blood healthy and keeps you from getting anemia. It has also been found to prevent cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and hearing loss as you age.
- Help Whiten Your Teeth. The acids in strawberries help remove teeth stains. They remove tartar and strengthens and heals the gums.
- High in Omega-3’s Strawberries contain omega-3’s, with just one cup containing 5% of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3’s help regulate high blood pressure, blood clotting, inflammation and allergic responses, and are critical for proper brain function.
- Prevent High Blood Pressure. As we saw with oranges, strawberries reduces the activity of Angiotensin I – Converting Enzymes (ACE), an enzyme whose overactivity increases our risk of high blood pressure. Eating 1-2 cups of strawberries per day over 1-3 months can help lower one’s blood pressure given a healthy diet and exercise are followed.
- Improvement of Inflammatory Bowel Problems. Salicylic acid, a naturally-occurring anti-inflammatory substance in strawberries help reduce inflammation in digestive tracts, thus helping individuals with IBS, or Chron’s disease.
- Regulate The Thyroid. Strawberries are rich in iodine which plays an important role in normal functioning of the thyroid glands and controls the basic metabolic rate of the body.
- Prevent Osteoporosis. Strawberries contain vitamin K, a mineral most of the population is deficient (like vitamin D). Vitamin K plays an important role in ensuring and maintaining bone health.
- Cancer Fighter. Vitamin Ct Folate, Anthocyanin, Quercetin and Kaempferol (flavonoids in strawberries) are potent antioxidant that effectively fight cancer. It has been shown that a daily intake of strawberries brings down the growth of cancerous cells.