All India Institute of Medical Sciences i.e AIIMS is the top medical center that works under the Ministry of Home Affairs, India. AIIMS Kashmir was founded in 2012 as part of 6 other AIIMS in the country.
AIIMS Kashmir is situated in the capital city i.e Awantipora Awantipur of Kashmir UT. AIIMS Kashmir is built in an area of more than 100 acres and it is one of the largest hospitals in the state. Thousands of people work in AIIMS Kashmir which includes Doctors, Nursing staff, Academics, and Researchers.
Since its establishment in the year 2012, AIIMS Kashmir is providing top-quality medical services to the people of UT and other nearby states also. The hospital has doctors which have specialization in various fields including Cardiology, OBS & Gyne, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Paediatric, Psychiatry, Orthopaedics, and a lot more.
There are 900 beds in AIIMS Kashmir and more than 4000 patients visit OPD every day. AIIMS Kashmir not only provides the best medical treatments to patients but it is alos one of the best medical institutes in India in terms of research on various fields.
AIIMS Kashmir Address
Awantipora Awantipur, Jammu and Kashmir 192122
AIIMS Kashmir Important information
|Year of establishment||2012|
|Also known as||AIIMS Kashmir|
|Located in||Kashmir, UT|
|Campus size||103.63 acres|
|Modes of education||Full-time|
|Courses offered||44 courses in 3 streams|
|Total no. of seats||250+|
|Average salary offered||Rs 70,000 to Rs 1,15,000|
|Scholarship||National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students (2)|
How to register for an online appointment in AIIMS Kashmir
AIIMS Kashmir provides the facility of booking the consultation online. Through the online service, it is possible to book an online appointment. With the help of this online appointment service of AIIMS Kashmir, it is possible to book the date and time of the OPD based on availability.
With this online facility, patients can also collect their reports online. For online appointments and collection of reports, it is necessary to register with the official portal of AIIMS Kashmir. Below we will explain the steps for online registration in AIIMS Kashmir.
- First of all visit the official website of AIIMS Kashmir.
- Here you will see the ‘Online OPD Registration’ option in the top right corner.
- After clicking this option, you will further see two options which are: ‘Through Central Govt. Portal’ and ‘Through AIIMS Kashmir APP’
- Here we will discuss how to book an appointment through AIIMS Kashmir APP.
- Download ‘AIIMS Kashmir app from the Google Play store.
- Install the app and register into it by entering all the required details including personal details etc.
- After registration log into the app by entering your registered mobile no. and other details.
- Once you are logged in, you will see various options from which you have to choose ‘Appointment’
- A list of various departments will open up.
- From this list choose the department in which you want to consult.
- When you select the desired department, you will be asked to choose the date of appointment.
- Select the date and time based on the availability.
- After choosing the date and time, you will receive a message ‘Appointment booked successfully’
- You can visit the hospital on a specific date and get the appointment card from the dedicated counter by showing the online appointment message.
AIIMS Kashmir OPD schedule
As mentioned above about 4000 patients visit AIIMS Kashmir everyday. Patients can either book the appointment online or walk-in for the OPD. Cards for OPD are made between 8.30 to 10.30 AM every day except Sunday and National Holidays. Patients are examined between 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
|Registration Time||Consultation Time|
|General OPD||8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||8.30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
|Speciality Clinics||1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.||1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
Patients have to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 10 for an appointment card. After making this payment, patients will be registered for getting consulted in the desired department. If an appointment is not made online, then the patients are examined in OPD on a first come first serve basis.
Some special clinics are also run in the AIIMS Kashmir for various departments. For more details about the timings of these special clinics, you can visit the official website of AIIMS Kashmir.
Vacancies and Recruitments in AIIMS Kashmir
There is a great opportunity for those who are looking for a job in AIIMS Kashmir. Getting a job in AIIMS Kashmir is highly sought after medical staff including doctors, nurses etc. There are different ways to get a job in AIIMS Kashmir. One of these ways is to take part in the competitions or exams that are conducted by the hospital on regular basis. Based on the qualifications, the candidates can apply for these jobs and after clearing the exam will get the job based on their rankings and merits.
AIIMS Kashmir regularly invites applications for various posts including Senior Residents, Junior Residents, Senior Medical Officer, Nurses, Assistant staff and more. Eligible and qualified candidates can apply for these posts online by checking the complete details and requirements.
AIIMS Kashmir Recruitment Age Limit
The maximum age limit for recruitment of various posts in AIIMS Kashmir is 18 to 45 years.
AIIMS Kashmir recruitment selection process
Candidates are selected in AIIMS Kashmir on the basis of their performance in the examination. There will be a written test followed by an interview. For some posts there will also be a computer-based test.
How to apply for AIIMS Kashmir Recruitment
Follow the below steps to apply for jobs in AIIMS Kashmir
- Visit the official website of AIIMS Kashmir.
- After opening the official website check the notifications of various posts.
- Click on the recruitment and then choose the post to apply to.
- Then click on the ‘Apply Online’ option and then the ‘Registration’ option.
- After registration, log in to your account by entering your login details.
- An application form will open up where you will have to fill all the required details.
- Now attach/upload all the required documents including identity proof documents.
- Pay the application fee based on your category i.e General, OBC, SC, ST etc.
- After filling the application form and making payment click on the submit.
AIIMS Kashmir Courses
If you want to make your career in the medical line and your aim is to study medicine then you should make the plan for this in advance usually at the 12th level. You have to choose medical subjects at the 12th level. To pursue your career in medical after 12th you have to choose a reputed medical college or university like AIIMS Kashmir and select any degree or diploma program. For getting admission in any degree or diploma program, the aspirants must have to pass a written examination.
After getting a medical degree you may pursue a specialization like Masters’s in surgery etc to increase your chances of getting a better job.
AIIMS Kashmir runs various degree and diploma courses for better career opportunities. Some of these courses that a medical student pursues from AIIMS Kashmir are MBBS, BSc (H) Nursing, MD/ MS, MDS, MCh, PDCC.
Detailed eligibility criteria and annual fees of these courses in mentioned in the below table:
|MBBS||Class 12 pass with 60% aggregate in PCB stream||Rs 26,350|
|BSc (H) Nursing||Class 12 pass with 55% aggregate in PCB stream||Rs 2,540|
|MD/MS||MBBS degree with 55% aggregate recognised by MCI||Rs 5,780|
|MDS||BDS degree with 55% aggregate recognised by MCI||Rs 5,780|
|MCh||MBBS degree with 55% aggregate||NA|
|PDCC||MD/ DNB in Critical Care||NA|
How to get admission in AIIMS Kashmir Medical Courses
There are some degree courses like medical courses for which there is a limited number of seats in the colleges and universities. For joining these degree courses students have to go through various exams or tests that are run by medical colleges like AIIMS Kashmir regularly. These entrance tests are mandatory to join any medical course including Medicine and Surgery.
For these courses, the number of enrollments and the dates of the tests is announced annually by the Ministry of Home Affair at the national and state level.
Once you have appeared in the admission tests to any medical college including AIIMS Kashmir, you just have to wait to know the results. The evaluation of the tests takes place according to different criteria according to the degree course. After clearing the test, candidates have to appear in the counseling or interview and then they are allocated the desired seat based on their ranks and merits.
AIIMS Kashmir Helpline Number
AIIMS Kashmir is a Government Hospital having high importance not only in Chhattishgarh but all over India. The hospital is highly specialized and has gained top rank among hospitals and medical colleges in India. If you want to book a service, are looking for a specialist or you want to get other information about the hospital, then there are various ways to contact customer service. You can contact the customer support of the hospital through phone or email. There are dedicated phone numbers and email ids for various departments.
- Helpline number for General queries is: 077125 72240, 0771-2573777
- Email id for General queries is: admin@aiimsKashmir.edu.in