Electronic PDF forms have become a popular way to take information from people quickly. Moreover, PDF forms are easy to share and fill. However, many people using PDF forms for the first time often ask how to fill in a PDF form. To fill a PDF form, you need a PDF tool that can detect and fill text fields in forms efficiently. Therefore, this article talks in detail about how to fill in a PDF form using the best PDF tool. So, let’s head right to it!
Part 1. How to Fill in a PDF Form: Step-by-Step
Once you receive a fillable PDF file, you have to fill in the required information in the fillable fields, such as name, address, etc. To fill those fields, you need a PDF editor tool that can detect those fields, take your input, and paste it into the fields. Out of many available PDF editor tools, the one that outclasses others with its powerful features is UPDF.
is the ideal PDF editor tool to fill out PDF forms effortlessly. It provides a user-friendly interface that pinpoints all the fields where you have to fill in your data. It is packed with all the essential forms features and is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS systems.
The key features of UPDF are as follows:
- Easy Form Filling: You can fill out PDF forms easily with its interactive interface.
- Form Field Recognition: It automatically recognizes and highlights the fillable fields to differentiate them from other PDF content.
- Protect Filled Form: You can password-protect the form after filling it so that only authorized persons can access your filled details.
- 6 Form Creation Options: You can create forms in PDF by inserting text field, list item box, check box, radio button, etc.
- Duplicate Across Pages: You can duplicate the created PDF forms and use across all or specific pages.
- Create Multiple Copies: You can select the create check boxes, buttons, list items, etc. and copy them, saving time and effort in creating forms.
- OCR (Scanned to Editable Text): You can convert paper-based forms into editable PDFs for electronic form filling.
Follow the below steps to learn with UPDF:
Step 1. Download UPDF and Open the PDF Form to Fill
Download and launch UPDF on your system. Click the “Open File” button to open the PDF form you want to fill out.
Step 2. Fill the Fields
Once the PDF opens, choose “Prepare Form” mode and then click “Form Filed Recognition”, UPDF automatically recognizes the fillable fields. Now select each field and fill it out.
You can also create the form fileds with the given options. Check the detailed steps in the next part.
Step 3. Proofread and Save the Form
Once you have filled in all the fields, proofread your responses. Afterward, click File > Save As and save the PDF form.
That’s it! This way, you can use UPDF’s intuitive approach to address how to fill in a PDF form. So, go ahead and download UPDF right now.
Part 2. Bonus Tips: How to Create Fillable Forms in PDF with UPDF
Knowing how to fill in a PDF form online or offline is one thing, but you should also know how to create a fillable form. Here again, UPDF comes to the rescue.
UPDF has a built-in capability to create fillable forms in PDF without any technicalities or learning curve. Just a few simple steps can let you instantly create fillable PDF forms. So, follow the below steps to learn how to create a fill out form in PDF with UPDF:
Step 1. Launch UPDF and open the PDF file where you want to insert fillable fields. Alternatively, click File > Create > Blank Page to create a fillable PDF form from scratch.
Step 2. Click the “Prepare Form” icon from the left sidebar.
Step 3. Choose the type of field you want to insert, such as a text field, check box, radio button, dropdown, list box, or a button. Keep adding field boxes until you have included all the necessary ones.
Step 4. Click on any of the field boxes you created. You will see an edit window in the left sidebar. You will have three options, i.e., General, Style, and Action. Go through each of them to customize the property of the box accordingly. Keep doing the same for the rest of the field boxes.
Step 5. Check your form performance by going back to the reading or editing mode of UPDF. Now, you will be able to see highlighted fillable fields. So, test out the functionality of your form.
Step 6. Once you have finalized all the details of your newly created fillable PDF form, click File > Save As to save the form.
This way, you can easily address how to create a fill out form in PDF with the simplest approach of UPDF.
Part 3. UPDF: More Than a PDF Form Filler Tool
UPDF is not just reputed for being an ideal solution for PDF form filling; its other feature-rich capabilities make it a complete PDF handler tool. Below is a quick glimpse of other top-notch functionalities of UPDF:
- View PDFs: It provides a delightful PDF reading experience with multiple page layout options and different background color modes.
- Edit PDFs: It can add and edit text, images, links, backgrounds, headers/footers, and other aspects of PDFs seamlessly.
- Annotate PDFs: It includes various annotation tools to highlight, underline, mark, draw, add stamps/stickers, insert comments, and do other customizations.
- UPDF AI: It provides a built-in AI chat box to chat with PDF about its content, ask questions, and get summary/translation/explanation.
- Create/Convert PDFs: It can create/convert PDFs from/to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, image, text, etc.
- Compress PDFs: It can reduce large PDFs into small-sized ones without compromising the quality.
- Organize PDFs: It can add, delete, rotate, crop, merge, split, and replace pages in a PDF.
- Batch PDFs: It can simultaneously combine, convert, encrypt, print, and insert multiple PDFs.
- UPDF Cloud: It provides cloud storage to save and access PDFs anytime, anywhere.
Overall, UPDF presents itself as an ideal PDF tool you need in your system to address all your needs related to PDF documents. So, download UPDF on your Windows/Mac/iOS/Android system and get 65% off UPDF Pro and its AI add-on.
Part 4. Conclusion
PDF forms are used everywhere in institutions and organizations for employee records, invoices, insurance information, surveys, etc. Therefore, you need a PDF tool that can assist you in filling out forms seamlessly. Above, we have discussed in detail how to fill in a PDF form easily using UPDF. It provides a user-friendly interface, smooth form-filling support, built-in form-creation capability, and other extensive PDF editing features, making it an ideal PDF tool for any purpose. To sum up, follow the above steps and download UPDF now to have a powerful PDF editor on your system.